14 May 2012

Dan Barber: How I Fell in Love With a Fish


When I first moved to New York, a family friend offered to take my mother and me to a new neighborhood place she loved. It was only a few blocks from my apartment, down a few steps that led to what I will always remember as my first fancy New York dining experience. There was a skinny chef who came out to greet us and beautiful succession of dishes. That newly opened restaurant was Blue Hill, and that skinny chef was the now iconic Dan Barber.

Today a leader in the field of sustainable restaurant-ing, Dan Barber gives this moving TED Talk. There are so many things I love about this talk, so I hope you have a spare 18 minutes or so. The whole compilation of TED Talks: Chew on This is available streaming on Netflix. 







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you! Please keep posting when you move so very far away. Need to keep track of you!
-a colleague --and friend -- of K's.....