22 December 2007

Run, Gingerbread Man, Run

My holiday rolling pin has been put to good use, its barber-pole red-and-white stripes pressing out cookie doughs which have been cut, baked, packaged and shipped. Tomorrow, we will be following the same path as our cookies, scattering to family across the country. We're packing, packing, packing and soon we'll be going, going, going in the season of giving, giving, giving. No matter what holiday you celebrate I hope you have a good one, full of family and fun and cheer. In the meantime, if you need any last minute treats or sweets for sharing, I've listed a few selections from the archives below. Happy holidays!

Bourbon Balls
Cardamom Wheat Cookies
Chocolate Cookies (with Peppermint Sandwich variation)
Chocolate-Coconut Tartlets
Custard-Filled Baklava
Date Bars
Lebkuchen
(Mom's) Chocolate Chip Cookies
Honey-Nut Caramels
Pecan Pralines
Pistachio-Cranberry Cookie Sticks
Peppermint Ice Cream
Guinness Gingerbread

4 comments:

Quinne said...

Merry Christmas, Mercedes :) May it be a most blessed time for you and your family. Love, Q

Jesper said...

what a great looking rolling pin! And it certainly worked its magic with those ginderbread men :=)

Elmi said...

Run run as fast as you can, you can't catch me, I'm the Gingerbread man :)
Merry Christmas to you from Germany.
Elmi

Lisa Johnson said...

You have a lot of patience girl! I didn't have it in me to use cookie cutters this year. Those are some beautiful cookies! I hope you had a Merry Christmas!