16 October 2009

Currently Cooking:

Swiss-Chard and Walnut Ravioli in Lemony Homemade Pasta Dough

I made a batch of pasta dough (per the Babbo Cookbook basic recipe), and flecked it with lemon zest. The ravioli filling was slivered swiss chard with I cooked quickly in a skillet until wilted, then I tossed in a handful of walnuts and a pinch of chile flakes to toast. Put the chard and walnuts in a food processor with salt and parmesan and pulse until finely chopped. Use the mixture to fill cut out ravioli squares, form raviolis, boil them 3-5 minutes in water, toss with a little browned butter in a skillet. Voila, dinner.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I had the Babbo cookbook basic pasta recipe as I have swiss chard this week from my CSA. I will have to do my own version, and without a pasta machine as these look really tasty. I am glad you are getting over your writer's block as i have missed seeing you post regularly. chrisq

Barbara said...

Gosh, that sounds fabulous. Love chard and with the slight bitterness of the walnuts it would be wonderful. Great recipe!

Rachelino said...

bitter greens, nuts, and citrus-scented pasta? beautiful combination-- this is going on the list as my next use for fresh pasta dough. I wonder if the Babbo recipe is the same as in Batali's Molto Italiano (5 eggs?)